Sunday 10 August 2014

Highland Flies





I really do like to tie big bushy fly patterns I call the flies I tie in this style my Highland Flies.Wild Highland trout love them too. They don't always take them first time as most times they have a splash at them then come back for another go. The trick is to stop retrieving them and wait for the trout to come back. However even though I have been told countless times by experienced anglers what to do I always get caught up in the excitement of that first splashy rise and more often than not keep retrieving. Sometimes it pays off but its more down to chance than skill I suppose. I often wonder why trout find these style of flies irresistible and 30 odd years later I'm still puzzled.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie