Wednesday 6 August 2014

Back to Hillend


I went along to my local loch this afternoon for a couple of hours.
On arrival conditions were not ideal as the loch was a calm as a mill pond. However as I was stringing my rod etc a nice breeze picked up and produced a nice ripple on the surface of the loch.
I fished along the north shore and was soon into a nice rainbow trout which was fooled by my Doobry. I hooked another trout too but it got off just as I was about to land it. There were a few fish showing and I managed to get a few interested in my fly patterns as they made halfhearted splashy rises to them.
It was good to be back at Hillend after a break of a couple of weeks and get such a positive response from the fish on a few occasions this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...