Friday 9 May 2014

A Brace From the Black Loch





When I drove up to Hillend today the loch was looking rather choppy and as I appear to have misplaced my drogue I thought it best to give Hillend a miss today so instead I continued on up to the Black Loch where it was equally windy, however the boat is supplied with an anchor which made it a better option than Hillend today.
There were three boats already out when I set off from the jetty. I fished for about four hours and managed a brace of trout which weighed 5 1/2 lb. One rainbow and a braw blueback. Both fish were fooled by one of my cormorant patterns which were tied on my top dropper. The blue back gave a tremendous fight and didn't give up until it had displayed its full acrobatic repertoire. The wind at time was troublesome as were a few hail showers which passed swiftly. All in all a great way to spend a few hours on a Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie