Saturday 8 February 2014

The Game Spider



Over the last week or so a fly pattern was brought to mind that I read about on a fishing forum. The name of this pattern is The Game Spider.
I first came across this pattern a couple of years ago whilst on a fishing trip in Caithness with two companions John and Paul.
To cut a long story short I had a really bad day on Loch Watten but John did reasonably well and the pattern which caught him a few trout was the Game Spider.
I had forgotten all about this pattern. John had been given this fly by his fishing friend Henry, who was the originator of the pattern and had great success with it all over the country but especially in Orkney.
This is my take on the pattern which is very simple to tie. It can be tied in olive or black.
I am looking forward to utilising this pattern at my local lochs and beyond in the coming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie