Thursday 27 February 2014

A Hillend Doubler!


I was discussing salmon patterns a couple of days ago with some friends and was recalling that I hadn't tied such patterns for a while. In fact the last time I tied salmon flies was in preparation for my first and to this date my last salmon trip up north on the River Naver a few years ago.
Therefore I thought I would tie some more just for fun as I haven't got any salmon fishing trips lined up but I would be available if the circumstance arises.
So here is my first salmon fly for about three years. The Hillend Doubler!  A wee bit rusty proportion wise it could have been done with a longer slimmer hook and a smaller head but fairly pleased with it. I will just need to keep practising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...