Monday 7 January 2013

Clyde Style Night Flies

Today as I was loafing about the house I decided to have a read through my two prised River Clyde fishing books. Although the thought of wading the river and casting a team of flies down the river still seems a age away, as I turned page after page it got me thinking of some memorable nights with the trout using the Big Flee as w esay in these pairts. One of the best patterns to use on the River Clyde on balmmy summer nights is the Magpie tail. There are various dressings incorporating the magpie tail feather but for me this pattern is the best of the night flies. Other famous gloaming flies are the Stank Hen and Crow and Black. I decided to tie a few Magpie tails today this one is the best of the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...