Wednesday 14 March 2012

Let the Fishing Begin!


At last its here! The Glorious 15th.Its been a long dark winter. The rods are ready. the reels have been greased and the flies have been tied. Let the fishing begin. Hillend is once again open for trout fishing for the next 8 months. I wonder what the coming months have in store for me? Memorable days and most probably forgetful blanks. Just one thing though due to a change in my shift patterns at work I will be unable to wet a line today but I'll be at Hillend on Friday for my first trip of the season.
This is always an exciting time for anglers as we are full of optimism and dream of red letter days by the lochside.Over the next few weeks I will be reacquainting myself with my favourite spots at Hillend and will also be making plans to travel around the country to rivers and highland lochs.
Although I wont be fishing on opening day I am going to try and get up to the Hillend Lodge after work to meet some of the regulars and see how they have got on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie