Thursday 14 July 2011

The Dabbler is Caithness Bound!



At Last my annual fishing holiday is imminent. Just like last year, once again I am Caithness bound in the pursuit of wild trout and for the first time ever Salmon too. All flies have been tied, Rods, reels and lines are gleaming, my bags are packed and I'm ready. Half the fun of trips like this is the preparation. All those months , weeks, days and hours spent at the bench tying flies and reading up on as much info on the area as I can has been fun and adds to the excitement and anticipation of the trip to the far North. My fishing season so far has been spent at Hillend and has been a personal disappointment so I am looking forward to giving my season a kick start in Caithness. If last year is anything to go by then it should be a memorable trip. Another aspect which makes these holidays great is the company as for the bulk of the season so far I have been on my own. It's a great way to unwind and forget all about the trouble and strife of work etc and also puts everything in life into perspective. So this will be my last blog post for the best part of a week as I haven't quite got round to getting a laptop or and I pad to report live on location etc. I hope to do this in the future there again trips like these should most probably be gadget free it's all about geting away from it all. Anyway thats all for now I will report back later next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...