Saturday 21 May 2011

Pheasant from the M8



This is just a quick blog post to share some luck I had this morning. One persons misfortune is an others gain, as the old saying goes. This wee chap had the misfortune of hitting a passing vehicle on the M8 near Calderbank this morning and fortunately I was working this morning on the said road and happened to come across this big bundle of flytying materials lying on the grass verge near the the big new co-op warehouse. As you maybe aware there are quite a few flies that incorporate pheasant feather. I now have a lifetime supply of pheasant feathers as this is not the first pheasant I have came across. Once I have plucked this bird and bagged all the goodies I will post some pics of some patterns I intend tying with the feathers I acquired today.

2 comments:

  1. Roadside free tying materials? Definitely your gain. Can't wait to see what patterns you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...