Sunday 17 April 2011

Roughrigg today Hillend tonight!




Had a bit of a busy day today. First of all I was out on the bike this morning and decided to have a cycle up to Roughrigg Reservoir. It was a lovely sunny morning and I sat around a while up there in the brilliant morning sunshine. Roughrigg is known locally as the Waterworks. The reservoir was constructed between 1846 and 1849 as a joint venture between the Forth and Clyde Canal owners and the Airdrie and Coatbridge Water Company. Water was drawn from the reservoir for the Canal and also to supply the water needs of the population of Airdrie and Coatbridge. The agreement lasted until 1874 as the A and C water company bought out the F and C Owners. The Airdrie and Coatbridge Water Company eventually became West of Scotland Water who subsequently became Scottish Water but they no longer operate it as a functioning water works and it is now leased to Roughrigg Angling Club. I have never fished Roughrigg , It's a nice enough Reservoir but I prefer Hillend Loch to satisfy my angling needs.

After lazing around up at Roughrigg I decided to head back home it was a great ride back down as it was nearly downhill all the way back to Dabbler HQ. On my return I was instructed to take err indoors down the Clyde Valley as she was wanting to visit the gardening Nurseries that are a plenty down there as she was wanting some plants etc. The River Clyde looked busy with anglers as I passed the Mauldslie Estate. After doing my domestic duty I got back home for a bite to eat then I went up to Hillend to fish from the Big Moss. It was such a perfect night with a light warm breeze coming from the West but let's just say..... The highlight of the evening at Hillend was watching a big full moon rise above the East End of the Loch. I haven't got a clue where the fish have been hiding this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...