Friday 4 February 2011

A Hillend Trio


As the Four Tops used to say "I Cant Help Myself" as I'm always on the lookout for inspiration and ideas on the flytying front and I suppose that's why I spend too much time in front of a PC trolling fly tying forums from all over the world. but I didn't need to go all round the world in a virtual sense to get the ideas for my latest Hillend Trio. These three flies came about after having a look on a UK based flytying forum which I frequent. Over the last few days there have been a number of fantastic patterns posted on there. I do admire the flies on there especially the patterns incorporating deer hair. So tonight I have been at the vice for the last few hours trying my upmost to tie something to the same standard. I might not have got to the standard I would like but I am pleased with these three flies which have been the best of the bunch.

I referred to these as the best of my bunch which has me thinking just what is the collective noun for a group artificial flies? Heres a few for starters.... A web of spiders. A dibble of Dabblers. A Muddle of Muddlers. A Tribe of Zulus or perhaps I'm thinking too hard perhaps a Box of Flies would suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...