Thursday 24 February 2011

Hillend Gosling


Those who know me will know that I am a fan of Davie McPhail's fly tying. I am an ardent follower of his wonderful online fly tying, You Tube Channel. I believe he is one of the best tyers in the world. A few weeks ago I contacted him to ask him if it would be possible to post a tying demo of the Gosling pattern. He said he would take it on board and put one on his channel soon . Sure enough he did. His latest demo which he posted today on his channel is of his version of the Gosling. I have spoken to Davie on a few occasion about various fly tying topics , he has always been most helpful and on one occasion asked me to call him about a cape I was looking for. I have also met him at the GAC when he has been doing his demos there. A nicer man you couldn't meet. Anyway I digress. After watching his latest vid tonight I was suitably inspired and tied something similar. The above pic is my effort at tying the Gosling.

3 comments:

  1. Dave McPhail is my hero! Great flies buddy and Great blog! You got a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! For showing an interest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch all of Davie's videos, which in my humble opinion are the best educational videos for tying flies on the web. A really nice, down to earth guy too.

    ReplyDelete

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...