Sunday 7 March 2010

I really need to go Fishing!




I promise this will be my last post about the GAC for a wee while. I have mentioned it so many times recently that I should be getting a discount. Anyway, i visited the said place once again today with my two friends Tam and Scott. On entering the shop I encountered Mr Bruce Sandison. I had a wee chat with him about angling and the Internet forum we both are members of. Wild Fishing Scotland. He thanked me for my contribution to his latest book and told me that I wouldn't be disappointed with my trip to Caithness in the summer. In fact he recommended another couple of lochs that I was not aware of.
I then made my way to the back of the store to watch the tyers, Davie McPhail and Ian McKenzie but it was far too busy therefore disappointingly i didn't get a chat or linger too long. I then made my way over to nearby Cookshill stand . This time I got a chat with Steve Cooper [Mr Cookshill] and organizer of the BFFI. Once again I couldn't resist purchasing some materials from this excellent fly tying materials supplier. Steve also gave a brief explanation of skinning a partridge which was interesting.
Before leaving the store I purchased some hooks and dubbing. Tam and Scott spent a considerable amount of time in the sea fishing section of the shop slavering over all manner of plastic and rubbery angling accessories. I am beginning to think they both have a rather unhealthy rubber fetish but that's a different story for a different blog, Only joking lads.
Here is a flee I tied with some of my newly purchesed materials . I think Tam will like this one.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a good time at GAC today. Very nice Irish Style flee.

    ReplyDelete

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...